Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Just a fashion shop, Causeway Bay, HK

Passed by Pak Sha Road in Causeway Bay and got misled by this I.T. shop. The shop looks like it's a Leica's show room and especially the shop looks like it's a big Leica camera. What I could see inside were just 4 models of Leica - the newly released D-Lux 5, V-Lux 20, V-Lux 2 and M8. When they think they can catch those Leica's fans into this shop for getting other stuff, it seems to be it's pretty wrong and rather offended them.

4 comments:

pixmation said...

It does look like a official Leica store from outside, bait and switch tactic.

Stella said...

Yes this looks like a camera shop to me too, especially the camera window at entrance.

Yes seeing(or hearing) is not believing sometimes.

in the sea said...

Yes, at first I thought "wow.. something interesting", but as I went in "what, only 4 cameras?". No matter how good the fashion is, the initiative of tempting people to go in is a bit sick. I am somewhat surprised Leica can cooperate with this shop on this kind of "hanging a sheep's head outside the shop, but selling dog's meat inside.".

Stella said...

I think Leica gets enough compensation for the cooperation.