Saturday, November 20, 2010

My new toy - Canon 580 EX II Speed Lite

Today I got a new toy and actually it's under the influence of Pixmation. I used to take photos without flash unless it's critically necessary. So tonight my apt. is like an ET in the house - so many flashes. In coincidence I bought a black glass stand. The below 3 were taken at the 50mm lens at 1/200 shutter speed, F6.3, ISO 100 and flash default. There are lots of setting of the flash which I need to explore later on. P.S. the below iPhone is still sealed.
At a right side 90 degree bounce back from the door (wooden brown color).
2. Then I turn the flash a bit towards at just 10 degree (80 degree to the right). That's in quite much difference since the light bounced off from the wall and mixed a bit to the flash side light to the front of the box.
3. Then I took the TV screen to bounce back the light at 90 degree (to the right). It came out there is a gradual lighting on the box.

2 comments:

pixmation said...

That black glass stand would be a very good background for photographing glasses, bottles and crystals etc. For the #2 flash technique is called feathering when turning the flash away and just use the edge of the flash light, so you can see the light fall-off.

in the sea said...

Yes, that's interesting and as I noticed from various angles have some very interesting effect. Fortunately and in coincidence, the black glass stand acts another purpose.