Monday, December 05, 2011

Tea Buffet, Hyatt Regency, TST HK

The Chinese restaurant and the cafe of Hyatt Regency were my most favourite place for business and leisure meals way back in the 90's. None of my clients felt disappointed with the food and services back then. Besides, its convenient location next to the subway made me so punctual for my business appointments. Quite a no. of my influential business deals were also concluded over those business meals. The most striking scene was on 1st April, 2003. I had a contract signing at the cafe where there was only one table occupied - my table. Why? It's the SARS time in HK. We made it but at a huge cost of thousands of lives. Their sacrifice taught us on personal hygiene like using a pair of common chopsticks, getting accustomed to wearing face mask when sick, washing hands often...etc. Unfortunately, some people from certain least affected countries take these as jokes, or I can say humiliating or discriminating jokes.
The below photos are taken on a recent visit at their tea buffet. The food quality is above average, but service so so.











4 comments:

Mickey Mouse said...

wow the relocated new Hyatt Regency still do the tea buffet, just like in the old days ..

the Chinese, reminded me of master chef Chow Chung, a funny guy and able chef

Anonymous said...

Nice food at this hotel.

Happy Birthday to Thai King today(reported by Jade TVB just now.)

SS

Anonymous said...

Funny I cannot use my own name to sign in but when I use "Anonymous" then ok.

Also cannot go into TC's blog but yours ok.

SS

in the sea said...

Yes, Chow Chung did bring up the Chinese restaurant a lot of Hyatt Regency.