Monday, July 21, 2008

Vietnamese Restaurant, Hong Kong





Nha Trang opened a branch in CC Wu Building next to Hopewell Centre in Wanchai. I passed by and got so surprised with this new branch. Why not go in for a try! If some of you still remember, I told you about the small Vietnamese restaurant in Wellington Street in Central. That's the one! They have very nice Pho and even better than those I tried in Hanoi (either the hotel one or the street stalls I was brought to by local business associates). My HK Vietnamese friend told me during the Viet war, lots of talented people flee from the Country. I think it's just like the Shanghai food in Hong Kong and Taiwan. I do find the food in Shanghai is less attractive than in Hong Kong and Taiwan.

1. Grilled pork dry noodle: nice sauce and the noodle texture is good! However, the pork is a bit dried.

2. Lotus tea: a typical Vietnamese tea. Quite stress relieving

3. Raw beef pho: my favourite pho from this restaurant. The soup base is really nice. For HK$37 (US$4.5), what can I say?

4. Baby lotus stem salad with prawn: another favourite dish I usually order! The baby lotus stem is very fresh and tastes so crunchy. The vinegar dressing is in a good balance. HK$54 (US$7). Must try!

5. Morning glory in garlic soy sauce: HK$18(US$2.2) for such a nice veggie at a nice restaurant is really something.

6. the restaurant: I came in the restaurant at around 12noon; so almost no one is around.

4 comments:

Mike said...

at least they r not those fried butter chicken wings, hang-grilled chicken in fermented bean curd paste... like most popular Viet restaurants offer

i like the lotus stem salad, and of course the (simple) pho, this is authentic Viet cuisine

glad that HK at least accommodate some of these real nice Viet restaurants

Anonymous said...

It looks like this one is much bigger than their original restuarant in Central. Better seat and more space. I will try this one too. Yes, their beef noodle is very nice. Also the sandwich roll is good.

Man

in the sea said...

Arh... it seemed this restaurant doesn't have the grilled chicken you mentioned... By the way, they have one dish which is very nice - grilled beef fillet on water cress salad. Never tried eating water cress in that way but it's a very nice one. Will try to take a photo for my next time of visiting there.

Anonymous said...

Water cress tastes good with almost everything.