Monday, July 07, 2008

Petra Yemenese restaurant, Suk 5, Bangkok





Passed by this area many times but didn't feel like going in any of those Middle East restaurants because my stomach is not good at those paste or curry stuff.  Then why not for a try in this restaurant who claimed to serve Yemenese and other food.

1. BBQ chicken - pretty good that they put some herb and it's quite much burnt.  I like it but of course not to take it often.
2. Yellow Ginger rice - I can't tell whether it's good for Yemen's standard as personally I don't like the texture of those rice, but my friend liked it a lot.
3. Mango lassi - I can't appreciate this one as it's warm.  Imagine a warm fruit juice...
4. Nan - oh, my most favourite!  Perhaps I like bread and I consider it's bread.  They have a big charcoal burner and stick that nan onto the inside of the burner.  So the following night, we went there again for nan.  So you know how good it is.  In fact, I took almost 1.5 nan.
5. the shop is called Petra.  On the left you will see an uncle and I call him uncle happy.  He remembered clearly each table's order and will follow the order by himself.  Then he served the food in his happy powerful voice like "Vo La, enjoy your meal".  He really know how to cheer the customers up. 

11 comments:

Thailand Club said...

next time we shall go to Nefertiti, for the nan, u will addict to it

in the sea said...

Wow, I just posted it and you commented right away. So quick! Yes, we should try the other one.

Stella said...

Middle Eastern Restaurants usually have belly dancers for entertainment too.

Thailand Club said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
in the sea said...

I think it depends. It seems to me the Persian restaurants I have been to have this kind of Belly Dance. I went to Lebanese, Turkish...etc. restaurants but they don't have such dance.

Fillet-O Fish said...

Middle-eastern cuisine in Bangkok? Interesting. You guys never end of idea and gourmet. 2 real gourmets!

Thailand Club said...

we never end to explore so we never end of idea (where to eat)

we worship good food

Anonymous said...

Yes, this blog and Thailand Club's blog are so good to introduce food and their detailed comments. I trust their taste too according to what they said. Thanks and I think next time I will be very busy in Bangkok. I need to train my stomach for all the food they introduce.

Man

in the sea said...

Yes, keep on trying...

Stella said...

Man,
You need to go many many times in order to try half of the food introduced herewith.
Even Sea and Thailand Club they still have new places to explore; it is gorgeous.

in the sea said...

Wow, Stella, you will be another person who deserved to get an award from the Thailand Tourism Board, after Thailand Club and me at here. After all, I agree with you.