Sunday, October 05, 2008

Baan Klang Namn, Bangkok


1. indoor dining area/2. a view to Chao Phyra River (lower stream)

3. outdoor dining area/Tom Kha Gai: very nice one - perfect balance of herb, coconut milk and the sour taste. Must try!
5. Grilled salty fish: average taste/6. grilled prawn: super big prawn - B500 pretty cheap considering its big size. However, I guess the chef must be at rest and it was grilled at a high flaming heat. Supposed it should be a bit burnt on the prawn shell.
7. stir fry veggie: a bit disappointing. Not enough heat. It seems to me it's like a "stir cook", not "stir fry". 8. stir fried flat noodle. Same same (Thai English) - disappointing....
9/10. Ube ice cream: my friend and I have been looking for this brand ice cream for 7 years. The last time we tried was on our curiosity at a Chinese restaurant on Chongnonsi (nanatiwa Road). It is again another nostalgic taste. However, after we tried Thon Kruen ice cream, this one can be put aside. :)

11.: Young Coconut - this restaurant has some selected young coconut. The good thing is that they chill it well! So it's a nice retreat at a hot afternoon. 12. Coconut pudding: nothing special

7 comments:

Thailand Club said...

its double chilled young coconut (juice) never let me down, many occasions i order 2 or even 3 during a meal, simply it is too good to be true

in the sea said...

I can say it's the best young coconut I have ever had. Impressive!

Anonymous said...

I like this coconut juice very much. Where is this place? Near the end of sky train line at the river?

Man

Anonymous said...

What mean double chilled young coconut?
I think 3 coconut drinks for a meal? Is that that good Thailand Club?

Anonymous said...

Yes, please tell where it is.

Tim

in the sea said...

Man, I forgot to ask the exact address because I don't feel like going there just for the young coconut juice as I am not that into young coconut juice. I would have to ask Thailand Club about the exact address. :) Nope it's not near the Sathorn pier (the skytrain Silom line's end). It's about 3-4kms south of Sathorn Pier, I guess.

Anonymous said...

I think any coconut juice is good to me in Bangkok. Thanks.

Man