Saturday, October 11, 2008

Kao Mun Gai (Chicken Rice), Pratumnam, Bangkok


Passed by this shop in August, 2008 trip but didn't go in. Used to try their chicken rice when I stayed in Center Point soi 15 Petchburi - just 5 minute walk to this acclaimed the best Chicken rice shop in Bangkok. I was told that the chicken and rice are not the main parts. It's the sauce that local Thais like. So for me, I am not much experienced in the sauce. The chicken is quite nice and the rice ok too, but not a big "wow" surprise to me. Anyway, it's still worth a try if you are around Central World/Pratunam area.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you tell me where this shop exactly is, if it's close to Central World? I wanna go and try this one when I go to Central World. Thanks.

Man

in the sea said...

If you are at Central World facing Big C, walk accross to the other side of the main road (i.e. on the side of Big C). Then walk to the direction of Amari Watergate hotel. You will meet the junction of Petchburi. Turn right on Petchburi. Walk about 50 meters. You will see the shop which is just faced with the flyover exit. I think it's still worth a try if you are around that area. Treat it as a supper or small meal in between. Personally I still hope you can try the Chicken Rice opposite to Adelphi Suites on soi 8 Suk. :)