Saturday, October 18, 2008

Moon Kee 滿記甜品, Wanchai, Hong Kong


1. Almond Sweet - the white one is still my best favourite hot dessert at Moon Kee. At the right bottom is the Taro sago egg pudding, I don't like pudding but I think this is the one I can try. The pudding has a very strong egg flavour which really goes with taro paste underneath. Impressive! However, the Yam sweet on the top left is disappointing to me. They put the ginger juice in the sweet soup. Then the yam was cooked or steamed separately. So if there is an order for it, they put the cooked yam together with the ginger juice sweet water. They forgot the magic of yam being boiled together with some big crushed chunks of ginger. The ginger skin has kind of aroma, which the ginger juice can't do it. When the yam is boiled together, it will release its aroma in the water. However, this one is like a mixture rather than a Yam sweet.
2. 4 White Snow Black Pearl: we introduced it to our colleagues and a friend. Then the next day they came to this shop for this one again. So no need to further describe how good it is.

4 comments:

Stella said...

This post made me feel like eating some sweet tonight.
We bought some mango tofu flower and "Kwai Ling Go" from Phoenix Food Boutique this afternoon.

in the sea said...

BTW, at Moon Kee's menu, there is an advisory warning. If you eat To Fu, don't eat sticky rice stuff.

Stella said...

Do you know the reason why Tofu and sticky rice don't get along?
Somehow my stomach doesn't like it after I eat sticky rice(although I like it a lot especially those wrapped by the leaf as I like the smell of the leaf).

in the sea said...

I have no idea. It's just the advice from Moon Kee. I will check it later.