Saturday, October 11, 2008

Nefferti Restaurant, Bangkok

Another good reason for staying at Adelphi or at Nana/Asoke Sukhumvit area is the diversity of restaurants, from French, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Italian to Middle East...etc. Impossible for your tummy to get empty! Went to this Middle East restaurant named Nefferti.

1. The restaurant itself - I like the tiles on the ground. 2. Middle East style pickles - a bit salty to me, but it is yet nice to have it before the meal.

3. Lebanese salad - my fellow buddies seemed not to enjoy this dish but I do like it quite much. It's actually quite mediterranean. The veggie is somewhat fragrant. The ingredients was finely chopped and just add up with some olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice and salt. Simple but yet refreshing. 4. Grilled Chicken - nicely marinated. Some may find it over-burnt but I don't mind it because that's way of grilling. In fact grilling on such a hot flame will store the juice of the meat. So it's not dry at all.
5. When the nan came, I just took it one big bite after another. No need for me to dip anything. Simply get the taste of flour. 6. I think this is the highlight of our meal - potato stuffed with minced lamb meat. At first, I was a bit hesitant because I don't like the lamb taste. However, when I took up the whole potato, I immediately noticed the chef made a very good job in making the potato perfectly done. The potato was well done but not mashy. Together with the lamb meat inside with the meat sauce and baked yoghurt (the yoghurt did go well with the lamb taste). Personally I don't like potato and lamb. However, this one was a very pleasant surprise to me. I then got enlightened on how to cook lamb.

No comments: