Sunday, December 28, 2008

Tien Lung (天龍) Restaurant, China Town, Bangkok

I guess I have brought most of my friends and families' members to various Chinese restaurants in Yaowarat (China Town). This one should be the latest one. The second best is 義福巷 on the soi next to White Orchid Hotel. However, since the lady I know left, the quality got dropped. Then I went back to their parents' shop Tien Lung (the other one is Mei Lung) opposite to it at then beginning of Yaowarat Road.

1. crab meat fried rice B120 - a must for me every time I order. 2. bitter gourd leaves - also a must. This leaves taste really sweet.

3. shark's fin B300 - I don't recommend ordering the higher price one. As they use some common oyster sauce and ingredients, it's kind of waste to cook some precious shark's fin. To me, the best way to cook precious shark's fin is to double boil it with high grade chicken soup.
5. baked snail - B120. Not my usual order as baking snail is a bit too chewy. 6. stir fried noodle - another must!

7. Sizzling oyster omelette - note this is the original style (the way I cook is an adaptation as I wanna use less oil) - egg and the yam transparent chewy custard-like should be separate. 8. If you are still hungry, why not for a toast from one of the street stall in Yaowarat!

7 comments:

Stella said...

The escargot here is cheap.
It seems you eat oyster omelet quite often. This is my favorite dish here in LA.
I like omelet, any kind. In fact, I like eggs.
My other favorite dish with egg is bitter melon omelet; it tastes good and it is good for the health(lower cholesterol and blood sugar).
Another favorite dish with egg is little silver fish(white rice fish) omelet.

in the sea said...

Actually, health-wise, I don't take oyster omelette. If I eat alone in Bangkok, I will go for a salad plus a stir fried noodles or sandwich...etc. You may not believe sometimes I eat in Subway in Bangkok. We need to give our body a break sometimes. :)

Anonymous said...

don't eat too much omelet SS

Anonymous said...

You and Thailand Club introduced lots of Thailand restaurants, and many different types. Very interesting.

Stella said...

Yes Anonymous(TC),
I try not to eat too much omelet. I balance myself with the by skipping meals sometimes. My "skipping meals" means only drink 2 bowls of veggie soup and I feel so good. Like the NY Eve I told you about.
My veggie soup contains: 2 sticks of Gobo(the brown color stick called "ox pound"), 6 carrots sticks, 8 tomatoes, one potato, 1/2 onion, celery, and 1/2 cabbage. Sometime I skip cabbage as cabbage is "cold" and "wet". This is my diet soup when I need to balance and "fast". In fact, after I drink 2 bowls I am very full. But at least there is no meat so I feel like my body is have a house cleaning day. It is good to let our stomach take a vacation and not overloaded.
:)

in the sea said...

Stella, you are quite thin actually. Sometimes eating or drinking all those cool stuff may not be too good. I agreed that you can cut out the meat, but at least you should have other protein in-take. You can try some Tofu or eggs for those veggie meals.

Stella said...

You are right Sea. I shall not take too many "cool" stuff but I cannot take too "hot/tonic" stuff either.