Monday, December 01, 2008

Santa Barbara, California (Jan. 1994)

In early 90's I have been to the States quite often, especially to California and took quite a long stay in between of my job changes. In each stay, my best friend Edmond and I would drive around in California, either to the East, North East, South or North. We did make quite some trips to a number of places. Below was the trip we took a Pacific Coast highway drive from Los Angeles to San Francisco in January 1994. We made a stop at Santa Barbara (a seaside town 100 miles something north west of Los Angeles) and it is such a nice town! I still remember we had a lunch at a seaside restaurant called Moby Dick on a pier. Thanks Edmond for the long and nice drive!


1. I was so happy in seeing the Pacific Ocean because I was on the far away the other side of Hong Kong. 2. Edmond and I then- almost 15 years ago.
3/4. The first time I stepped on a pier stretched out to the Pacific Ocean, I was much too excited and couldn't help myself.

5. in the downtown of Santa Barbara. 6. Edmond captured a moment of my contemplating over the pier. I was thinking of how my family was on the other side of the Pacific Ocean.

8 comments:

pixmation said...

It's amazing how an image or an object can bring back so much memories. I just notice that pixmation/blogspot is already taken. FYI, that's not my blog. lol.

Anonymous said...

Very nice shot of B&W photos. Yes, the photos could bring back some unforgetable memories and took the moments of feelings.

Anonymous said...

That is the good thing about taking picture as it will capture and freeze all those precious moments.
By the way, what lotion did you use Sea?
From,
Party Animal

in the sea said...

Mmmh.. pixmation name is a bit recognised. Good that I often find my ID not used in most popular domain. Yes, yesterday's morning it was like I was in a Treasure Island. I even found out some recipe I wrote down in Palm Springs - how to make Chilli (Mexican style beans with ground meat). Actually my recipe is quite fusion as I adapted it to using more veggie. My Chilli was quite welcome to my neighbour around. Will post that later.

To Party Animal, I don't have anything specific but now I am using combination of Dermalogica, Loreal for Men and Sebamed. However, I started eating a fresh fruit (apple, pear, orange) as the first food at my breakfast 15 years ago. In every meal, I often eat veggie first and then veggie at last. This way it's like a "sandwich proceeding" meal. Besides, doing something to please myself has been what I have been doing. I get upset with something but I wouldn't let it stay with me for a long time. Switching attention to another thing and don't try to grab something tight. When you are willing to take up something, you need to be willing to let it go.

Stella said...

Sea,
I think it is more of your genes.
The day cream, night cream, fruits, veggies, etc are only additional supplements.

Anonymous said...

Does Edmond mean Pixmation is not his blog? Then which one is his blog?
From,
Party Animal

Anonymous said...

Yes, some doctors said eating in sandwich is good for body and also eat only 70% full. And eat slowly.

in the sea said...

Please check the link on the top left of the main page for pixmation link. :)