Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Ain't it my illusion or am I missing my grand mom?

Waited for quite a long time to introduce this one. Don't know why. Passed by this very local Thai restaurant among all these nice luxury resorts/houses on this beach area. Noted quite many local Thais taking lunch and dinner. Why not for a try but then I started missing my grand mom....

1. Seafood fried rice - the first thing I also noted this restaurant is that half of the people went out for fishing and making their fishing nets. The way they made those fishing nets reminded me of my grand mother who used to do the same for her tough time. This fried rice is just THB40 and they used some very fresh seafood - not just prawn or squid only but other fish chunks! They have a very powerful stove too and that make the stir frying very aromatic! 2. Oh - this is another grand mom. lost recipe! They used fish sauce to marinate the fresh squid and deep fried it. And it's just THB60! My most most favourite nostalgic dish! I even forgot about this recipe - shame on me!

3. Another unexpected delight - deep fried fish cake. For those who tried the Thai deep fried fish cake, they would notice the brown color inside and some herbs inside. This one is simply with fresh fish meat and not too much Thai herbs. It's actually quite Cantonese style. It's very aromatic but much juicy inside and yet the fish is very fresh. THB60! What can I say? 4. Tom Kha seafood - it's not the best Tom Kha soup as it lacks some Galangal but the taste is good and yet it's THB120.

5. Stir Fried Mushroom - THB50. Goodorf! 6. In day time, this place is with some very nice sea breeze and a good view!
7/8. Another good view and there is a nice garden.

9. I dined on this table. :) 10. They also have a very nice native hotel rooms for you to stay. About THB500-1,000.

11. Stir fried mixed veggie. THB50. 12. Yum Squid - THB60. Very good sauce mix! Squid is exra fresh!

13. Sweet and sour fish - the sauce is so so but the fish is very fresh. THB80. 14. Stir fried asparagus with prawn - THB100. The asparagus is a bit old but overall it's still quite nice.

15. Tom Yum Seafood - THB150. It's not that good as you can tell from the color. 16. It's a Thai brand Lipton Iced tea.

17. After the meal, we went to the freezer for an choco bar! THB20.

6 comments:

pixmation said...

Is THB some kind of your rating system? :)

in the sea said...

Sorry... THB is the abbreviation of Thai currency Thai Baht.

Anonymous said...

Good to see Pixmation show up here.

in the sea said...

Yes, pixmation - welcome welcome. :)

Anonymous said...

can tell it is a very nice eatery for the locals, though food maybe just so-so quality

:)

in the sea said...

Actually when that fried squid was presented onto the table, I thought the taste is so so, but it's not and it echoed me back to my childhood. However, the Tom Yam and Tom Kha soup are not that nice but just the seafood is fresh to make up for that.