Saturday, July 18, 2009

Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui, Thailand

Chaweng Beach, the busiest beach of Koh Samui.

1. Iyara Hotel - I stayed in this hotel for my first trip in Samui in July 2005. 2. this part of Chaweng beach is very shallow. You can walk to the other side of that island at a dept not over your hip.

3. this is the northern part of Chaweng. 4. Iyara has a nice BBQ buffett at around THB450.

5. another view to the island. 6. lots of restaurants selling seafood but again it's not recommended to try seafood not being kept in fridge. Remember you are not in Northern Europe.


7/8. Along Chaweng, there are plenty of trendy beach side restaurants.

9. Another open area seafood sampler.
11. a very long beach of about 4-5km long. 12. The Library - supposed to be a very hip resort but as I tried to go in, I got warned by the security guard for not taking photos if I am not the hotel guest. I simply told him "what if I go in for a dinner?". I don't think he can understand what I say because that "no photo" warning is a routine speaking for him.

13/14. Not because of the grape I can't eat must be sour, there isn't any nice things inside. If any of you are familiar with Propaganda - a progressive shop selling some interesting design stuff, you may be led to think about that shop when you see this human character.

No comments: