Sunday, July 05, 2009

Fly me to the Moon

In taking a chance of a clear nice sky, I tried to test on my DSLR for taking several photos using my Tamron 300mm lens (about 11 times zoom on a 35mm). Glad that I can see the moon in a clear image.
1. At first, I think about having a longer exposure time. However, the moon is revolving around the Earth as well as the Earth is rotating. So even taking a tripod, the image is still a bit blurry. So in this situation, I had to switch to a faster exposure at 1/1250 second with a higher ISO 800. Canon's digic II chip is very nice. Even at ISO800, there isn't much noise.
2. change the setting to 1/1600 seconds; so I would see the moon clearer but it's less brighter.
3. This one was taken on 1/2000 s.

2 comments:

Stella said...

Sea you really have super camera and super photo skill.
Your pictures here look like those from National Geographic.

in the sea said...

oh, those NGC photos are with some very nice professional lens. I heard some Canon lens is at around HK$600k and you need to wait for a 6 month shipment. Actually I found out tripod is also very important especially taking photos at night time and a far away object.