Saturday, July 18, 2009

Aleenta Pranburi, Thailand

Got much impressed with Aleenta Phang Nga and drove to try the original Aleenta which was set up in Pranburi (Hua Hin) 7 years ago. However, I prefer the one in Phang Nga.

1. an Ipod sound system seems to be a must in the room. 2. the tea variety is less than the Phang Nga one.

3/4. Chose to stay in this Penthouse (only one unit) and the view is very nice and it's the tallest point of the whole resort. Guess what is missed in the room. It's the TV set. I kind of like it because we don't need to be a slave to TV, especially when we are supposed to relax ourselves.

5. Aleenta has an image that simple is living. 6. the rest room.

7/8. this bath room is quite thoughtful and you can take a nice sea view while you are taking a bath.

9. a very nice sun deck area. 10. view to the main building. Top floor is the spa. Second floor is the restaurant and the ground floor is the reception.

11. Beachfront suite - good for a family or 2x2 group of friends. The upper floor is with a nice rooftop and the ground floor suite is with a small plunge pool. 12. the swimming pool - it's quite small actually.

13. view from the main building to Penthouse. 14. pool with a view to the sea.

15. the pool/16. Beachfront pool villa.

17/18. the Reception

19. Do you wanna get a book to read? 20. the plunge pool is right on your door step.

21. view to the beachfront pool villa. 22. Khao Kalok on Pranburi beach

23. view to the ceiling of Penthouse. 24. Beachfront pool villa.

25. the Penthouse. 26. the beach.

27/28. the bath room can turn out to be a small plunge pool.

29. Sometimes it's quite windy in Pranburi. 30. relaxing....

31/12. the breakfast in room.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I think you have more detailed information on resort hotels in S.E.A. than "Travel and Leisure" does.

in the sea said...

Thank you. I love to further explore more in Thailand, and most of all, those are at affordable prices and easy reach. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, both this blog and TC's have good information about eating and living in Thailand. You guys are much more resourceful with more detailed and in depth info than those so called travel magazines. I ordered 2 travel magazines and they don't tell even 1/3 of here.

in the sea said...

Travel magazine should cover more in general for what the tourists like to know. Mine is just like a diary.

Anonymous said...

When I looked at the photo of this blog, I remembered so hard where I seemed to see the photo of this interesting bugalow villa. Then I found out the photo of the CX holiday http://www.cxholidays.com/chl/r/package/SV9HHQ05HKG?depd=29&depym=20096 has a photo similar to some shown here but CX holiday only has Marriott, Sheraton and Alia. When I checked on all this 3 hotels, I couldn't find any room like what is in the CX holiday web. I think they made a mistake and they use the photo of this Aleenta resort.

in the sea said...

Thanks Anonymous 11:49am and for coming back to my blog after a while. I may guess who you are from your good analysis skill. I think CX may just tell you the photo is just for reference only, but I do think they should at least put some photos of Alia Cha Am as that one is also the talk of the town in Hua Hin area. This reference photo is like those restaurants often putting some photos of seafood meal, but then it turned out seafood may mean shrimp and squid only. BTW, I would rather highly recommend you to try Aleenta Phang Nga as they are now on sale (almost 50% discount) in their website. The Ocean View Loft I tried last time was close to THB10k but now at less than THB5,000! Besides, that one is very close to Phuket airport - just only 20 min. drive (15 min. to the Sarasin bridge linking phuket to Thailand mainland and another 5 min. from the bridge to Latai beach where Aleenta Phang Nga is.

Thailand Club said...

welcome the CSI is back :)

Anonymous said...

By the way, my cousin told me this June she stayed at one hotel in Wanchai(HK) for $100 US per night and the hotel is very decent. Our uncle went there to check beforehand and he ok it(my uncle is pretty fancy). The name is Emporor something. It is not far from the tram peak and Garden Road. Anyone know of this hotel please tell me.
From,
Patty Annie Mo

in the sea said...

Emperor hotel in Central. The only Emperor hotel I know is in Happy Valley but I am pretty sure that may not be the one your friend referred to. I will try to find it out (tram peak/Garden Road)?