Sunday, March 27, 2011

Eating little at Harbour Chiu Chow Restaurant Wanchai HK

Ordered 3 small orders and 1 regular one at Harbour Chiu Chow Restaurant.
1. Mouth watering chicken HK$48. Quite a nice one and not so hot and spicy.
2. Bitter gourd with dried shrimp HK$28. I like bitter gourd or Chinese squash to go with dried shrimp. When it was served, I immediately noticed it's not with any oil. It turned out pretty nice though. Very good to go with the rice.
3. Hair Tail fish 牙帶魚 HK$28. Supposed at just HK$28, this kind of Chiu Chow small dishes should be prepared already, but this one was freshly made to order. Very nice pan frying and not oily at all. I miss this fish for a long time. My grand ma often got this one, but her "low heat cooking" made it not crispy somehow. She claimed this fish is good for eyes and liver.
4. Lo Hon Veggie stir fried HK$58. Very nice stir frying and it's not salty nor with heavy oyster sauce. Though I don't like bamboo shoot, when it is stir fried with various mushroom, it gives a very nice aroma to the veggie. So giving too much oyster sauce for dishes with bamboo shoot would just destroy this magical effect. The chef made it very right for this stir fried dish.


3 comments:

Stella said...

This is the first time I saw you ordered 3 dishes only.
Must be only the snack.

in the sea said...

I prefer more rice to more dishes actually. :)

Stella said...

Same to me too.