Thursday, March 10, 2011

Maxim's Palace Taikooshing HK part 2 - Staying fine

I know it sounds a bit crazy but this Maxim's restaurant surprisingly gave me almost a full mark report on my visit of last Sunday night. I ordered their dried squid/scallop and veggie casserole (HK$60). The squid and dried shrimp were browned a bit and so the soup was very aromatic with this perfect combination. The dried scallop brought the sweetness into it, making the whole casserole so good to go with rice. Most of all, not a single drop of oil is in the casserole, not even sesame oil. This can be controversial. If the dried squid and shrimp weren't browned, then the sesame oil and some boiling oil would be good to cover up. However, this step can be skipped.
Last time their deep fried chicken surprised me. I tried their BBQ goose for the regular portion (quite big) (HK$78). This is another surprise. Nice roasting, and the goose is not fatty and the meat is tender and aromatic (check the last pic.).


3 comments:

Mickey Mouse said...

bbq goose, my favorite roasted meat!

Stella said...

The skin of the BBQ goose looks so crispy and fresh.

in the sea said...

This one is pretty good. Crispy and yet not that fatty.