Monday, April 11, 2011

Ghost stories of the fishermen

There were quite many ghost stories told by my grandfather (my mother's side) and my father. Some are quite fiction. I recall 2 of them. 1 is called Shadow swallower 竹高精 and the scene is at this road called Go Fai 高輝道 and where my aunt's workplace of a ship repairing yard was. So this Shadow swallower would try to hunt after the kids. It will try to overlap its shadow on the kid's shadow. If the overlapping is 100%, then you can't move an inch because your shadow got frozen and so you would be swallowed. The other story is about an eel ghost 油鎚鬼. If you go out for a night time fishing, when you see some hair floating up from below the sea, you should leave asap. If you dare to stay and further to see a comb coming up, that means you have a few seconds to run. Then an eel with a horrifying face and a big jaws would jump out of the sea to chase for eating you. When my grand father or father told these ghost stories, they know that I would be the only one who didn't fear, as they know I often saw something much more than what they told, such as a torturing face coming out of the ceiling, 6 horrifying devils flying in circle outside the window and speaking so harsh against me.... and of course lots more.

2 comments:

Stella said...

This is fun. Any more? I like close encounter of the 3rd space.

Stella said...

Danny Summer is now talking about this topic now in the "Three Boys' Club" hosted by the fatty Bob. Bye now.