Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Yung He soy bean drink shop Fu Xing South Rd 復興南路永和豆漿

Though I posted this shop before, I need to say it's still the best soy bean drink shop in town to me. My friends (local & Angel) and I spent much time on searching the best soy bean drink shop in Taipei in the mid. 90's ane early 00's, and found this shop the most consistent one. This time I was glad to have seen the chef who made the best sticky rice roll still in the shop. Check photo 3 - the one in the middle front. It's him who made the best sticky rice roll and all the nice baked pastry like photo 2 (燒餅夾肉鬆). This time I am also pleased to see this shop crowded with longer line of customers, but they still keep the good quality.

5 comments:

Mickey Mouse said...

the real Yung Her soy bean drinks n Taiwan, and the best; although Bangkok's one name after Yung Her is a cover version, but also the best in Bangkok; so all Yong Her r good!

Stella said...

Hi gentlemen, this is my favorite too. Last time I went to this store in Taiwan was 1979 when I visited my parents in Taiwan.

The Yung Her Soy Bean in San Gabriel is also the best in the whole Los Angeles. That is also the place I bought the black date walnut cake and the radish cake for my parents every weekend.

Stella said...

BTW SEA, do you have a chance to go to the "85 Degree C" Coffee Shop?
If you do, how is it?
I was told that this store is major competitive of Starbucks in Taiwan. And they have as many as stores as the "7-11".
They opened a branch in Irvine in Orange County(one-hour drive from my area) and the line is so long for the coffee or bread.

in the sea said...

Actually Yung Her` hasn't been registered. Why Yung Her` was named is because the first authentic one is in the town of Yung Her`. That one is called Xi Hai 四海. Later on, all the people called it as Yung Her`. Then there are so many Yung Her`.
Re 85 Degree C, I haven't come across it yet. The other outlets which can compete with Starbucks are Dante.

Stella said...

Thank you SEA for the note.