Thursday, April 21, 2011

Marriott Cafe, JW Marriott Bangkok

Think I need to write to this hotel about the facts that I found with their restaurants being not consistent with their main hotel room and guest services. From this cafe, Tsu/Nami (Japanese), White Elephant, NY Steakhouse to Man Ho, all the staff are very spontaneous and smart to attend to your enquiries and even be aware of what you would need. Even within a same building, there are 2 different worlds.
The breakfast buffet reflected that the occupancy rate of this hotel is very low. I even noticed on the other rooms which are not occupied. Anyway, the juice bar is quite surprising to me, serving various juice and veggie mix, such as beetroot juice (photo 2) and celery/cucumber juice (photo 6). What's good is that they didn't put any syrup in it. So original in flavour.
On photo 5, I was excited to find this drink - herbal tiger grass 崩大碗 with ginger. Herbal tiger grass is a very cool herb, the ginger offsets the "cool" effect though it's a bit too ginger to me. This drink is in a portion like a whisky served and in fact the strong ginger flavour does hold you not to take a big sip. All the food are above average. I like their cold cut (forgot taking photo of that). Their bread and pastry are almost as good as MO's.




6 comments:

Stella said...

Cake and pastry almost as good as MO in fact means it is very good.
How come the occupancy is low? Room too expensive?

in the sea said...

I noticed quite many guests carry their luggage by themselves. So the bell boys are there to just open the door. However, the Marriott Resort Hua Hin is quite full house. :)

Stella said...

So this is a self serve 5-star Marriott then. Something new.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi. I work for the JW Marriott Bangkok. Thanks for your awesome comments. (In the sea - I am surprised the bell boys didn't assist you. Thats quite strange. I will share this blog with my seniors and with the concierge manager.)

As for the low occupancy, it depends on when you were at the hotel. JW Marriott Bangkok is of course a business hotel, so occupancy fluctuates from time to time. If you were here during holiday season, than you probably experienced low occupancy.

We just launched the official JW Marriott Bangkok Facebook page ...our effort to catch up with tech savvy guests like you. Do check it out ...here's the link. http://on.fb.me/kG8XvC

Once again thanks and hope to see you at JW Marriott Bangkok once again!

in the sea said...

Thanks Fhuda. I actually raised that up to the front desk manager. I like Marriott's various restaurants a lot from HK, KL, Phuket to Bangkok...etc. If you clicked further on Mai Khao and Hua Hin, I did comment on the other Marriott's outlets. Cucina of JW Marriott Mai Khao Phuket and Ciao of Marriott Hua Hin are terrific! I also stayed at marriott Vista Sathorn and Mayfair. Those are very impressive. That's strange that the top one JW Marriott isn't the same.

Sorry I am not on those social networking forums yet, and won't consider for the time being. Thanks for the invitation and the note.