Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Local snacks at prices of 20 years ago, Lei Yue Mun Kowloon HK

I was surprised to see all these local snacks at an amazing pricing level. I gotta ask the shop sales lady why they could sell BBQ pork at prices more than half of the market price in downtown. She proudly told me they own their shops and don't need to bother the rent! I bought some "chicky" pastry 鷄仔餅 and (photo 2) "wife" pastry 老婆餅. It was still very warm and of course I took it right away. Then I also bought some BBQ pork (HK$25 for half lb vs HK$50 half lb in other shops) and local snacks. HK$10 (vs HK$20-30 in town) for one pack of mini-egg pastry and others. Good to come here for this kind of local snack instead of going to visit Ku Kee or Ki Wah/Wing Wah...etc.


8 comments:

Stella said...

Yummy yummy. These look so delicious and cheap. This is the place I like to go in HK.
Wife cake is my favorite; just ate 4 over the weekend fresh from Vancouver.

in the sea said...

4 at a time or?

Thailand Club said...

yeh in HK sadly rental took up 50% of the food cost ..

Stella said...

2 wife cakes each on Sat and Sunday night while Chris was taking his shower and did not notice. :)

in the sea said...

So Chris likes it too. Then you took 1 more quota from Chris'?

Stella said...

You are right SEA. Chris likes the wife cake and pineapple cake a lot.
So I have to eat those when he is taking a shower so he is not aware.

in the sea said...

Ok, next time I will tell Chris that you didn't eat any wife cake when he is in the shower. :)

Stella said...

Please also tell him I did not take his beef jerky, spicy sea weed, chips, ice cream, cheese cake, coke when he is taking shower. :)