Thursday, May 26, 2011

Boon Tong Kee (Wen Tung Gee) 文東記海南雞飯 Balistier Road, Singapore

Whenever I am in Singapore, this shop is a definitely certainly absolutely irresistibly must for my visit, and it's always a nice gift for my tiring days.
In seeing this shop growing from a Dai Pai Dong stall to a big 2 storey air-con. restaurants serving not just chicken rice but also some other nice Chinese cuisine, I am happy for them. They deserve it!
1. Thousand year eggs with ginger.
2. Calamansi (lime) juice. This one is so quenching, especially at 35 degree city heat.
3. My favourite chicken by Boon Tong Kee. Still the best in Singapore!
4. Bitter gourd with salty eggs. This one is pretty nice.
5. Rice of course!
6. the chicken kitchen.




5 comments:

Stella said...

The Hainan chicken rice in Singapore is different from those in Malaysia.

Mickey Mouse said...

ooops u don't go to that one hk foodie mr. rotten-veggie highly recommended, he said it is the best in the world?

in the sea said...

Personally I like Thai chicken rice. :) Mickey, this one is like my old friend and I need to visit it whenever I am in SG.

Stella said...

I like both S'Pore and BKK Hainan Chicken Rice over the Malaysian type.
But I like the "Ho Fan" in Malaysia a lot.

in the sea said...

But in my memory one of my top 5 Chicken Rice is from Shangrila Penang. So refined meat texture and nice rice!