Saturday, May 07, 2011

Melt Me, soi 10 thonglor BKK (better out of the worst)

This shop is just opposite to the Noodle court. So the good thing about this shop is that it ought to be better after the visit of its neighbour noodle shop. To be honest, it's not good either.
Shops with an open kitchen has been a trend but it also exposed on the mistakes they would make. I ordered a "Shibuya toast". Naturally I got curious to go have a look at how they made it. So when they took a half loaf of bread sealed with some plastic wrap from the fridge in which I saw quite a lot of other food, I told myself "it's gonna be a multi-aroma" toast. Anyway, it turned out the outside wasn't toasted enough and the inside is too soft and in fact the bread wasn't raised and baked right. As a bread person, I left it untouched on the plate. So I could just take some ice cream. Yes, some. I had the yoghurt flavour to safeguard but it's too artificial.


3 comments:

Stella said...

Good to know there is another no-so-good eatery in BKK. The inside looks trendy though. These kind of "good looking but bad eating" restaurants are common in LA.

The "Melt Me" name is named right in fact. They already told you they will "melt you" like robbery. :)

in the sea said...

Yes, it's a pretty good name, but just the name. They should have done better.

Mickey Mouse said...

seems the Tan family has some taste-buds problem