Sunday, May 29, 2011

Soong Fa Bak Kut Teh (spare rib soup), Clark Quay, Singapore

There are 2 types of spare rib soup. The common one is the brown one with more Chinese herb and the other is this garlic pepper soup base. Every time I had this soup, it reminded me of how the hard working people in the old time charged up their body with this soup and a bowl of rice before a hot sweaty tough working day.
1. This shop is opposite to the Central mall in Clarke Quay. I came here at around 3pm to avoid the crowd. In the night time, there is a long line outside the soup.
2. Barley drink. Good to balance the hot of the soup.
3. Bak Kut Teh. Very nice, and I like pepper soup a lot.
4. the shop entrance.


5 comments:

Stella said...

I missed the spare rib soup in S'Pore.
Also the coconut ice cream put in the real coconut.
And all the Indian Roti.

in the sea said...

Roti? Next time you should try some in BKK. There are some nice roti.

Stella said...

Yes I like Roti a lot. In fact I like all kinds of bread.
But in BKK the eating agenda is always tight for minimum of 5 meals a day with so many choices of food so may have no time for Roti.

in the sea said...

好易解決 ﹣ 詐肚痛。 :)

Mickey Mouse said...

i love bak kut teh, from Penang, but not from Singapore ..