Thursday, May 05, 2011

大勝軒 soi 10 Thonglor BKK

After posting the worst Japanese noodle I tried in HK, I immediately recall this on in BKK and it's in a food square opposite to Melt Me on soi 10 Thonglor (something like Champion noodle food forum consisting of 6-7 Japanese noodle shops).
1. Pork with soy sauce on rice. Don't know what kind of soy sauce they used, but for sure it's 10 times more salty than a normal one. One word - horrible.
2/3. The dumplings are again "horrible", with some cheap shrimp and pork fillings but price not cheap. *supposed I should review their noodle but fortunately they forgot my order and so together with my checking on how they made noodle in that open kitchen, I had to cancel it from this horrible ride.
*BTW, pls bring a bottle of mosquito repellent to go in if you don't want to have a piggy head with you, or you simply "swing" your head, hands and body while taking the meal.


7 comments:

Stella said...

So this week is for lousy food.

Good to know that finally there is some "horrible" food in HK and BKK too for a change.

in the sea said...

It can be more than 2 weeks. :)

Stella said...

Har for 2 weeks?
That is amazing.

Stella said...

Hard to believe Thonglor has quite some lousy food too. Would like to try once to explore.
May be their lousy food is still good for me.:)

in the sea said...

OK, then we will see you enjoy the lousy food. Please bring some sodium dissolving medicine on the trip too. :)

Stella said...

If food is lousy because of high sodium then I pass.

If food is lousy because of plain cooking style I can take it.

Really cannot believe lousy food can survive in Thonglor.

BTW, your post did not requirement the writing verification tonight.

in the sea said...

One in a million. Nothing's perfect. :)