Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Miso Cool Quarry Bay HK - consistent food quality (worst side)

Visited this shop a year ago on their opening. The impression was "the worst noodle" I have ever tried. Broken noodle, instant condense soup base (not freshly boiled).
Out of curiosity again, I gave it a second try. Waste of money. Waste of time.
1. Coffee is already sweetened. Worse than any local tea restaurant.
2. I believe this salad is the best in this meal, as they use some other brand's sesame dressing and of course veggie without their cooking.
3. Hokkaido scallop soup noodle (pork bone base) / 4. Spare rib soup noodle. The scallop and spare ribs are ok, but we are talking about a Japanese noodle soup base. It should be the soup boiled for long hours, not from the condense soup mix. (*when I chatted about this with my sister, she already complainted to the manager in the shop. My sister and I boiled soup since we were kids. How wouldn't we know what's a boiled soup or soup mix. Besides, my sister already broke their excuse by stating their soup mix bottles delivered to the shop every morning outside the shop. I am relieved my taste buds still function in order after I rectified this with my sister. After all, the white color soup doesn't mean it's after long hour boiling. I'm not here for a magic show.
5/6. the shop inside. Found out still a lot of people don't differentiate the food but rather get attracted to their deco. This meal is about HK$160 for 2. The first time I left quite much noodle in the bowl and the soup untouched. BTW, they are still using some frozen noodle. Frozen noodle is very easy to taste as they don't have the flour flavour and also easily broken.




3 comments:

Stella said...

Once in a blue moon some food not good in HK.
$10 US a bowl of lousy noodle is quite expensive.
In LA the similar noodle costs around $8 US.
In fact, lots of people in LA cannot tell food quality. They just go for the deco, the brand name and the atmosphere.

in the sea said...

Right, some people prefer atmosphere to food quality. It's sometimes difficult for some people who don't cook to tell what's in the food and how it's cooked. So why not bother and simple consider "good" or "unwanted" flavour. Then it's a nice place to dine in.

Stella said...

There is one person in my house fall into this category.