Thursday, January 01, 2009

Abloom (Self) Serviced Apartment, Pahonyonthin, Bangkok

If you travel with a group of your family members or friends, you may wish to choose some 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom suites. So in Bangkok, there are lots of choices for serviced apartment. Thanks to TC, I tried my first time in Center Point Petchburi soi 15 in 1998 at B1,200 for a studio of 40 something sq. m. Now it's around B2,600 for a studio. So with my 2 sisters' families, I tried this Abloom on soi 3 Pahonyonthin Road, the main road under the skytrain north line to Mo Chit (Jajatuk). Location wise, it seemed to be a bit far but it's not that far to me. 4 stops to Siam. However, if your activities is in Thonglor or Silom, it's then a bit far. Abloom's rooms are pretty good, but the services is so so. We tried the laundry but the washing machines and dryers are horrible. They don't clean the detergent and softener compartments. There are some molding inside. So I need to take that out and clean that by myself. Then they don't have the complimentary coffee/tea. For the bathroom, they don't refill the shampoo/body cleanser/toilet paper. So you need to do all those by yourselves. So that's why I call it a "self" serviced apartment.
1. we stayed at room no. 2046. What a coincidence! We were subconsciously in the mood of being slow and blurry.... 2. the kitchen is quite nice and good for you to re-heat some leftover which we brought back to the hotel when you can't finish your meals.

3/4. Besides, I need to clean the bathroom by myself. I saw some spider web on the corners and spent about 0.5 hour to clean the unseen dust too. Interesting.
5. we had a two bed room suite for about 110 sq. m. The bedroom is spacious, but the furniture is a bit scratchy.
7/8. the living room.
9. Mandy swaying in the sun. This post reminds me of the leading girl actress Mirai Shida of the Japanese TV drama "Devil's Teacher" - the same girl for "Mother at 14". 10. the water was a bit chilly. However, we only tried the swimming pool once as there were some Middle East men jumping into the pool right after shopping with their shoes on but taking off everything but their "white" underwear! So you know what happened then - you would see their private parts clearly. We complained that to the management office and asked them to warn those people.
11. Jason by the pool. 12. the pool
13. Jason taking the Tuk Tuk. 14. the Tuk Tuk is a complimentary service but it's up until 9pm.
15. Mandy's family

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's why they only charge B3,400 for a 2BR suites instead of should-be B5,000, as they compensate customers for the self cleaning part :)

/TC

Anonymous said...

房間真的很大,可以開幾枱麻雀仲有餘,估唔到都有不少香港人住,不過因為一梯只得六間房,所以較酒店寧靜,少了細佬仔跑走廊的噪音。

Anonymous said...

Haha, B1,600 for you to clean. Good exchange. If it is quiet, it is good to try.

Anonymous said...

This brings me back good memory of my last stay at this hotel.
Yes, I don't mind to self serve a little bit as long as the price is cheap. It is still worth it.
Room 2046 huh!
From,
Party Animal

Anonymous said...

This brings me back good memory of my last stay at this hotel.
Yes, I don't mind to self serve a little bit as long as the price is cheap. It is still worth it.
Room 2046 huh!

in the sea said...

TC, actually asiatravel still sells Abloom's 2 bedroom suite at B4,900, but asiarooms sells it at B3,400. When I clicked on asiarooms for the booking, it just diverted to contacting the hotel. I checked with Abloom and their offer is B6,000. So it's quite various. The good thing about Abloom is like what Nikki said, it's quite quiet except the air-conditioning is a bit noisy but I get used to it.

Chris said...

So Center Point is only $30US 10 years ago huh.
From,
SS

in the sea said...

SS, that's 10 years ago and that one is the oldest CP on Pratunam area (close to Amari Watergate. Actually at that time THB to HKD is almost 6:1, which was 45:1 vs US$. There was one time I put a fixed deposit in the bank, the interest rate for THB is 16%. Even the teller further checked it. I got quite some profit from the interest and also the exchange rate rising again to 5:1.

Fillet-O Fish said...

Abloom interior looks quite modern.

Stella said...

OK Sea, those were the days.
That is why I always told my customer to treasure the presence when they complained deposit rate is only 5% APY. I told them 6 months later they will appreciate this rate, as for sure rate will drop further. Now deposit rate in US dropped from 5% to 4.5%, to 4%, to 3.75%, to 3% now. So treasure everything when we have it.
OK, no more interest rate talk; it is boring.

in the sea said...

Yes, Stella, and we need to do something when the moment is there.

Anonymous said...

I have stayed at Abloom several times, their serviced apartments are excellent, cleaned every day up to a very high standard, nicely furnished, all in all extremely comfortable. I travel the world, the management and staff are the friendliest I have ever met, they cannot do enough to make each guest's stay a very pleasant one. Might I suggest that in case of a complaint to actually inform the front desk during the stay, not to complain on some kind of blog after check out. If you want things to be the same as at home, then do not travel and stay at home, however in view of the comfort and service at Abloom, this is as near as home can be for me. It is so easy to complain after a stay somewhere.
I have recommended Abloom to all my business associates, friends and family and cannot wait for my next stay at Abloom Mr. Rob Young, robyoung60@yahoo.com

in the sea said...

Dear Mr. Young,

Thanks for your note. I did complain to the front desk on the laundry and the toilet of the apt., if you could notice on my writing. I also dropped my comments card. I think by chance we were unlucky to stay in a room with a toilet with some spider web and the laundry might have been cleaned up after I complained. I don't agree to what you claimed "stay home" and not to go out. I just commented on what I have experienced. In fact, I also wrote something good about Abloom if you could go thru' the comments. There are good and bad.