Monday, January 19, 2009

My horrible experience with Air France

12 years ago when I made my first trip to Cannes, I took Air France because it has a better domestic connection from Paris to Nice. On my way back, I met the strike. I was so behaving to have arrived at the airport 4 hours before departure time. Then Air France opened just 4 counters for all classes for 6 international flights. So you will imagine what it is like. I queued for 3.5 hours to reach the counter. Then the lady told me "Mr. Ho, you are late. Your flight to HK is closed already for check-in.". Immediately I got so angry "I am late! Don't you know I have waited here for 3.5 hours! Get me a seat!". So after some arguement, they got me one middle seat and asked me to carry the luggage as they couldn't check in luggage.


Then on this recent trip, I gave it a try for a domestic connection on Air France from Paris to Nice. So there it went the problem. I asked CX to check thru' my luggage from HK with final destination to Nice. I used to get my luggage at CDG airport and re-check-in at the other airline counter. This time it turned out my luggage was almost sent back to HK if I was an hour late in checking for my luggage.


Well, when I was about to enter the Air France Nice office, immediately was asked if I claimed for lost luggage. So in a robotic manner, the agent checked that my luggage was about to be sent back to HK. Then immediately he gave me an overnight bag. I simply asked "is it very common for your office to encounter lost luggage cases?". I think if it's unavoidable, I would not choose Air France anymore. Besides, whenever possible, try to avoid checking your luggage via some stops.
1. Inside the bag, there are these things and interestingly there is no shampoo or bath gel. I found an odour scent ointment. So they expect you to use it rather than taking a bath.


2. These are the routine documents Air France gave.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Air France: making the sky the worst place on earth, my experience with them, flying with kids, really it was horrible! 10 hours flying with my baby (4 months) in my arms: http://www.air-france-sucks.com/shit-happens/air-france-making-the-sky-the-worst-place-on-earth/