Friday, January 23, 2009

Domaine de Lintillac, Paris 75002, France

My friend Miki brought me to this very very nice Duck restaurant. I let her decide to order the food for me, and it was such a pleasant surprise and made my trip with some very nice good memory. Thank you Miki for such a wonderful dinner and I would name it as one of the top ten meals I have ever had! Besides, Staying in the Opera/Lourve area will be a must for me in my future trips in Paris. Lots of good restaurants and nice attractions around! Wanna come back here in a warmer season, at least I can wear like what I can wear in Bangkok. :)
1. I don't drink wine but with such a nice meal, why not with a small glass of red wine to go with the meal. 2. Note there is a toaster for toasting your bread to accompany with your Foie Gras. 3. While taking the meal, my eyes keep staring at these cans. For sure I will get some of these after the meal.
4. the restaurant inside and it was 7:30pm but later on it was full house. You need to make a phone call for advance booking. 5. The restaurant is close to Opera House on St. Augustin Road. This area with the St. Anne street is with quite many different types of restaurants.
6. Pan fried Foie Gras - think this is the best I have ever tried. The Chef chose some very nice Foie Gras and it wasn't with those "fat" smell taste at all. It just smelt in your mouth right away and the Chef just made it only 30-40% done with a burnt outside and juicy sweet inside. 7. Miki taught me 2 years ago about how to eat Foie Gras. First put it on a bread or toast. Then put some jam or preserved fruit (this time it's prune - remember earlier posted on my last Dec. trip at Lord Jim's: we put mango) on it and sprinkle very little salt. It came out so nice!
8. Miki probably took quite many of her friends to this restaurant and she really wanna have a diet; so she choose a salad for the main course since she also took Foie Gras for the Appetizer. 9. Pan fried duck breast - think this is the best duck breast I have ever tried. The restaurant chose some very nice duck. The meat tasted so sweet and tender. Besides, the Chef pan fried it on a very heat for probably around 1-2 minutes. So the outside was burnt and the inside was so juicy. Note there is some little white spot on the breast. It's some sea salt coated with some garlic pan fried with duck fat. I noticed this salt was specially treated but didn't realise it's with some duck fat until the waiter told us as I wanna buy this salt from them! Of course, it's a secret recipe. Then the potato was pan fried with duck fat too. Once in a while, I need to put aside my health consciousness and took it one by one. I also find the French potatoes very sweet and I can say it's almost as sweet as yam. Miki told me in some French supermarket, they would ask you how you would cook the potatoes and they would tell you which one to get.

10. Chocolate mousse to round up the meal! 11. How can I forget buying some Foie Gras pate back and I am going to share one jar with my bro/sis families on the 2nd day of CNY next Tuesday!

12/13. the restaurant inside.

14. Cafe Decaf. long cup. 15. Cafe Decaf. I notice Coffee does help my stomach feel good after such a nice meal and I immediately feel sleepy. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a very small very French (décor, atmosphere, and food wise) restaurant where they serve products such as foie gras, magret de canard and other traditional "home-made" products from their farm (domaine) in the Perigord region.
he food is traditional, artery busting, Périgourdine, with everything sourced from farms and vineyards in south western France. Lots of different types of foie gras and pâtés to start with (there are toasters on each table so you can toast your own bread), and mains of magret de canard, cassoulets, and the like. I also liked the touch of being trusted enough not to pinch their emminently nickable Laguiole dinner knives.
________________
Good source for Paris travel deals

in the sea said...

Thanks Jenny for the comments. My French friend also told me the same as you did. I must go there again early next year. The good thing about this restaurant is the toaster on the table, especially for me being such a bread maniac.