Thursday, January 01, 2009

Greyhound Cafe, Bangkok

Been to Greyhound Cafe every other year on and off. Not much attached to it, but visit it when I feel like a herbal jelly. So this time I was reminded of their famous Chicken Wings which I long forgot it, as I am not addicted to chicken wings. Thanks Mandy for her radar to her favourite food.

1. the shop at Siam Center. 2. the thumb protectors for Mandy and Jason - a gift from the ice cream cup.

3. jason waiting for the food and drinks. 4. Another delight of GH cafe is their iced lemon tea and it has become a must for my sisters to get it whenever in Bangkok. It's because they freeze the lemon tea in ice; so the taste is still there when it's dissolved.

5. we ordered 3 plates of Chicken wings at the Emporium branch. 6. Then the next day we had another 3 plates of wings at the Siam Paragon branch.
7. I ordered a pineapple, orange, passion fruit yoghurt drink called "pick me up". 8. the one at Siam Paragon is actually called "Another Hound". When I first saw this brand, it just reminded me of my bus ride in between Palm Springs and LA on Greyhound bus in 1994.

9. see how good Jason did his job. 10. our green photographer Mandy. I will have her and Jason's photo gallery soon. Stay tuned!

10/11. the interior of the branch at Emporium.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

其實好似在98年左右已發覺有雞翼和凍檸茶這兩個必點之選,應該也是網主介紹的,一定不是蘇絲黃。

Anonymous said...

the kids look so cute. the chicken wings also look nice.

Stella said...

Yes, I have been in Greyhound Cafe and I like it. But I don't think I have been to this one. And I did not order the wings. Wings are my favorite but I know they are high in cholesterol. Well once in a while is ok.(My once in a while is twice a month though.)
The place is cozy with good food with good price.

in the sea said...

I think that was the Greyhound Cafe in Zen before. At that time GH Cafe had some very interesting noodle and sandwich. That's how the story went on.

Stella, their chicken wings are very crispy and "light" (not oily as they drain the oil in a very nice way). They turn on a very high heat in the last few seconds and squeeze the oil out of the chicken wings. A very good frying technique. I noticed they put fish sauce and white pepper in marinating the wings. Don't worry the pepper taste isn't there after such a high heat frying.

Chris said...

Both your comment section and TC's are hard to do today.
From,
SS

Chris said...

I cannot take white pepper at all. But black pepper is ok.
Would like to try this at GH next time.
From,
SS
Please tell TC I cannot click his comment section even with Firefox. Did other readers make comments at his blog lately?

in the sea said...

I do notice the traffic flow of Internet has been quite heavy for the past few weeks. I heard it's from the damage of a cable in Atlantic Ocean and that put all the other internet wiring re-routed via Pacific Ocean area.