Saturday, September 11, 2010

550D & MO BKK

As per Pixmation's note, I selected some of the photos taken on my 550D.
1. This photo was taken without any tripod and I switched to ISO3,200 at 1/30 shutter speed at about 60mm focal length at F4 aperture. The 2nd floor is my favourite Lord Jim's restaurant.
2. This one is at 1/15 shutter speed, ISO 3,200, F3.5, 36mm focal length. My maximum holding the camera without any shake is at 1/10 to 1/15. Less than this shutter speed I would have some shaky trace. Note this is on the Tamron lens without IS. So the good thing is that I practise to take photos with minimum shaking.
3. This one is at 1/100 shutter speed at 110mm focal length, F4.5. It's at the MO deli in Paragon.
4. This one is at the maximum focal length to 480mm at 1/200, ISO400 and F6.3. Its a flower far on the tent's steel stand in the River Terrace restaurant.
5. Again another maximum focal length at 480mm, at 1/320 shutter speed, ISO200, F6.3.
6. This one is at 70mm focal length, 1/160 shutter speed, ISO800, F5. It's the flower in the deco in the lobby.
7. This one is on the kit lens 18/55 IS, at 27mm (i.e. 18mm x1.6), 1/40 shutter speed, ISO3,200, F3.5.

8. Same as above setting.

5 comments:

Paranoid Android said...

Wow! Lovely interior and night shots! Your hands are so steady. I am jealous.

in the sea said...

Thanks Android. 550D is a very good buy and we all enjoy taking photos with it. Right now I am itchy in getting some more lens after I saw Pixmation's photos using his new 100mm lens.

Re the hand shake, you can keep on practising it with a heavy lens and deep breath held with the camera against firmly to you. I think have spent more than 3 years to get some improvement.

Paranoid Android said...

LOL. 3 years is a long time... :p

I saw your friend's L series 100mm Macro too. I am slobbering over it. But, I would invest in a FF first. 5DMK3 is coming out at the end of the year, and I am breaking out in cold sweat, and told my friend to slap me if I even consider buying it! I still haven't used the 550D fully.

Thanks for all the pointers, Sky! Happy Shooting!

Anonymous said...

Nice and impressive pictures with good camera and steady hands.
Yes, 3 years for steady hand is a long time practice.
No wonder. Practice makes perfection.

SS

in the sea said...

5D Mark III will be the highlight of this year's end. However, the weight would be my major concern, esp. I travel with my note book and quite many things.