Friday, September 03, 2010

Oakwood Serviced Apartment, Suk 24, BKK

Oakwood Rama III used to be my favourite apt. back to the late 90's in addition to Center Point. When that Oakwood changed to another management which cared for a laundry bag as a charge for THB50 and even solicited the room guests for direct booking against its agents, I stopped staying there. So 10 years later, I took a big circle round back to Oakwood but a new place on Sukhumvit soi 24, just opposite behind Emporium. I thought I could get some nice memory but it turned out....

1. the bed room is quite tightly packed. Though it's the smaller studio room, considering it's serviced apt., it shouldn't be that packed. Only 2 lamps in the whole area. Very environmentalism. 2. This could be the worst time of my hotel stay ever with headaches with the toilet. The engineer came here twice to spend a long time to fix it. It still didn't work. Though they offered for another room but tonight is the last stay, I forgo it to the packing of my luggage.
3. Standard apt. utilities and it's of some quality. 4. the lobby is quite small and extra low ceiling.

5. the lobby area. 6. basement is the restaurant, but a very "cool" restaurant. Not the American slang "cool". It's the attitude so cool. When I had my business meeting at 10am, I didn't feel like for a buffet breakfast and asked for some pastry or muffin together with the coffee. The waiter replied "if you eat something, we will charge you for a buffet and we serve buffet only. I asked "it's almost 10:30am and when your buffet closes?". He replied "My staff and I decide...., and in the lunch time we serve lunch set.". :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They don't know hotel business serves nothing but service, which is what they lack of.
They don't even compensate their guest who went through hassle of a bad toilet, a room with dim light, a restaurant with no food to eat except set buffet......

SS

in the sea said...

Oakwood was one my favourite but not this one and the memory is still with the old one in Rama III.