Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Once sunk, hard to rise - Peninsula BKK

I got my travel agent's flyer just about a promo. for a ticket/hotel 3 night stay at Peninsula BKK at HK$1,999. OK, if you want to have some fake glory for telling your friends you once stay at Peninsula (no specification of which Peninsula if you are smart enough), please do consider this package, as this price is even cheaper than staying at any Ibis. However, I won't telling my friends I once stay at Peninsula BKK for sure and I'll delete all these postings later and I appreciate your due cooperation for sinking this as a secret like Titanic but on the disastrous side, not the romantic one.

BTW, Ibis opens a new one next to Peninsula BKK. Accor group simply express that they needn't to have either Sofitel, Novotel, Mercure, Pullman...etc. to compete with Peninsula. However, Accor is lenient enough not to have their lowest Etap brand (1 star guest house in Europe and some with shared bath or bed...etc.) to compete. So Ibis can do the job nicely.
1. On the last day of our breakfast, again long lines are there. When the manager sees me in the line, after a few minutes, they diverted us to Mei Jiang (the Chinese restaurant) for having the breakfast. Wow.. I must have been very furious (in fact, my friends said "never seen me speaking like a AK-47"). The manager checked around at the restaurant every 3-5 minutes with more staff working. So this gave me some points back on their seriously taking my complaint. At least they did listen to me by opening one more restaurant. I was asked if this hotel is that worst. My answer is still yes because not counting the software, the hardware still sucks and I really don't know why Peninsula takes up the management of this one. First the room design is not professional and they tried to intimate Peninsula HK by separating the bedroom with a corridor but the one in HK is more classy and smart too. Second, their general ventilation system is not professional. Even in the public area, it's not evenly ventilated. Some are hot and some are very cold and windy. Then the lighting system sucks too, as you need to switch off the master light, then you can select the lamps you want to switch off by going to that lamp and turn it on. The air-con. has 4 level of temperature of, say, 30, 25, 20 and 15. You can have 27, 22 or 18. So even they keep up their services, the whole hotel is an error.
3. OK, to make the best out of the worst, I can have my diet for other good food in BKK. So I take fruits and some bread for the breakfast.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really missed all these.
At least they listened to you and tried to improve to please you. Give them a chance.
May be the management team is hired by MO-BKK there as "uncovered" to ruin Peninsula-BKK la.

Flora

Mickey Mouse said...

well Sea, don't worry, Peninsula on Beverly Hills is not any better, and now Peninsula HK is invaded by mainland cousins .. so all Peninsula BKK has "friends"

in the sea said...

No need to have undercover to ruin them. Like I told, even without the software, the whole building wasn't in a design as a hotel.

Anonymous said...

This is really worse than I was told by Mickey earlier.

SS