Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Lost in Mandarin Oriental Bangkok

Quite a no. of times I recommend my friends to try MO BKK. The reply is "no" mostly by claiming "the look of this hotel isn't appealing". I certainly agree to it if we consider the "look".

1/2. the room got renovated but something are still kept, e.g. the paintings on the wall. The bed and linen is still of very fine quality. My friends could sleep 7-8 hours straight. Remarks: the air conditioning is excellent without noticing the air ventilating but any corner of the room is air conditioned. The room is very quiet.
3. The working desk area. 4. They replaced the old bose sound system with this Denon.

5. They changed the fruits every day. 6. Welcome drink - Lemongrass juice.
7. a new TV set and stand. 8. the bathroom amenities.

9. a comfortable toilet. My friends told me they could visit it 3-4 times a day. Very detoxifying. 10. Nice bottled water.

11. The bath tub is superb. It can be filled in 2-3 minutes and emptied in another 2-3 minutes. The bath salt is excellent. BTW, my sisters told me they could stay in this bathroom for an hour.

7 comments:

pixmation said...

Definitely wants to stay there when I go to Thailand.

Stella said...

Some more good things at MO:
1) The air con is so even circulated that you don't feel any wind blowing at you at any direction. Also room temperature is cold enough for Chris and not cold to me. This is a hard task.
2) The toilet is so good. I think their pipe is wider than standard and also the flushing water powerful enough.
3) Chris went to the toilet 5 times a day to enjoy the toilet.
4) The stool in the bathroom is very comfortable.
5) I can take a nap in the bath tub too.
6) They folded our clothes.
7) Their pillow is soft enough for comfort and firm enough to hold my head. I did not "sink" into the pillow like another hotel.
8) The waiter at the elevator can push the button with back hand.
9) They put a cloth under my slipper.
10) Many others I forgot to mention.

in the sea said...

What a list that must have impressed you so much. I'll write a list of things I remember including yours. :)

Mickey Mouse said...

M.O. poison syndrome!

Stella said...

It is not MO poison; it is MO Ginseng and Ling G.

Mickey Mouse said...

oh so next time ppl get a food poison, just tell the doctor they eat ginseng and ling-g .. :-)

in the sea said...

It's not Ginseng. It's heroine. At least someone is murmuring for a quick return.....