Sunday, September 19, 2010

Travel alert - black signal at the pool, Peninsula BKK


1/2. When I had the lunch at Le Normandie (opposite), the swimming pool of Peninsula looked very nice. Again, yes, it looked. In fact, if there is one person swimming along, you couldn't swim on both ways. So just like the corridor in the room, this swimming pool is also one way. However, when you further looked, you would feel like it's no need to jump into the water. So this pool is only for your viewing from far afar only. I immediately recall my grand ma's old saying but I would adapt it a bit to 旦家魚見水唔游得 (a fish can't swim in the water it can see).

3. At first when I looked at the tiles, I thought the black spots are part of the pattern but later on, I noticed it's moulding already drawn deep into the tiles. 4. Even the cover of the lamp light is getting rusty. So don't you wanna jump in?
5/6. Ok, let's not talk about the services. The hardware of this hotel really sucks. Any 3 star hotel wouldn't use this kind of wooden things. Besides, the pool towels are of some very rough quality. Don't let your kids use it as it would scratch their skin easily. I really don't know what gets this hotel as ranked within top 10. BTW, check on the ground. See those dirty stain!

1 comment:

Stella said...

Yes I agree this swimming pool looks very good from Normandie.
So it only looks good from far away but it is not functional and practical if you really want to swim.
Based on all the weaknesses shown here, it is amazing this hotel can be rated within top 10 by T&L for so many years.
Thank you for the report. I almost wanted to consider staying here since it is only $100 US per night, cheap for a 5-star hotel.