Saturday, September 11, 2010

Deja Vu, Pullman Bangkok

Again, when TC told me he tried the French restaurant of Pullman called Deja Vu, I doubted why he came here. What's more, he expected me to know how to go to this hotel since it's a very HK touristic hotel in Bangkok. I made a mistake in leading my friends to walk over 20 minutes to get to this hotel. Sorry and it's the first time I have been to Pullman.

1. the table is very dim and I needed to switch to ISO3,200 for taking photos here. 2. The soft bread and the yummy black olive spread.

3. Bread basket. At average. 4. An appetizer. The shrimp is a bit too soda marinated.
5. Pan seared foie gras. Pretty good. 6. This one is so good, something like a scallop mushroom tart with truffle.

7. Lobster bisque. 8. Boston lobster. A bit disappointing. The lobster is not fresh when I cut it. As you can see, if the lobster (or actually most of the fresh seafood), the meat should a bit curly and shrunk after cooked. Actually this is something I chatted with Chef Leon at the Table of Aleenta Phang Nga. He looked for local fresh ingredients rather than importing some food from far away, which I absolutely agree with him.

9. Then the waitress changed this nice beef filet rossini. That really made up for the loss of the lobster. 10. Mmmh. I guess I am a bit forgetful or really got lost from MO's poison! This is something like a champaigne frosty pear with a choco. tart. Quite nice.

11. Choco. cake with vanilla ice cream. 12. oh, this one - I shouldn't forget it. Thanks so much to all my best friends! That really surprised me! This Le Notre ice cream cake is excellent!

13/14. the restaurant. I found out that I tend to make the photos dimmer but actually it'd be like this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did not expect this is your first time too. If so, then the 20-minute walk is fast enough considering this hotel is in the middle of nowhere and also the sign is not good.
Sorry SEA that you are forced to be the leader since TC has to sneak out to get the cake.

SS

in the sea said...

Not a problem for me but I feel bad for getting you guys some unnecessary walk. :)

Thailand Club said...

good for them to exercise before a meal, esp. the UCLA kid needs more exercise ..

in the sea said...

BTW, I agreed that the sign for the hotel is not clear enough and the way leading to the front door is quite a big turn.

Anonymous said...

Yes they need to improve the sign in order to lead their guest there more efficiently.
Forgive them as they are not MO.

SS