Saturday, February 12, 2011

Business class review: Royal Jordanian Airway HKG-BKK Feb 2011

On my way back from BKK-HKG, the business was very full and even more full than economy class. There was a big group of "high end" religious HK people occupying over half of the whole business cabin traveling back from Amman (Jordan). When I checked in at BKK airport, my friend and I got separated on the already booked seats. So we decided to ask for changing the seats with other passengers. There it came some angry passengers refusing to change, but the funny thing is that the person sitting to my friend and the one sitting next to me know each other. What's more, the person sitting next to me told me "it's not that I don't wanna change the seat for you. I need to show it to the crew - they did something wrong.". On and off that lady kept talking on how they spent their 2 week trip in Jordan and even asked me what the weather was like in HK. I immediately replied "How about checking with the crew. I also left HK for a long time.". When the meal was served, she condemned the meal with "shit" and then took a big bag of potato chips on her own and got so noisy with the bag. As a result of this lovely group, the 2 Thai crew was stirred up to be bitchy by throwing the hot meals to "all" passengers. No greeting word. No word for coffee or tea... At first, I was a bit annoyed with these alternate passengers but with those cool crew, I found it like watching a zoo show.
The sector for HKG-BKK was very pleasant in comparison. Jordan Air has replaced their old business class seats. I like the way they had a clipping basket for shoes. Keeping the cabin more tidy. Food wise, not bad but only cold food was served for HKG-BKK. Service is nice on the Jordanian crew. They joked with passengers for a happy mood and explained in details on their wine selection. Well, sometimes we need to be interactive with others and try not to be too demanding and picky. Otherwise, it's like a virus spreading to affect the others. When you yell at someone, that person yells at the other and the other yells back at you.



6 comments:

Mickey Mouse said...

u mean Jordanian crews r more friendly than Thai crews, omg amazing Thailand!

in the sea said...

I know it sounds unusual but it's really an exceptional case with that flight I took back from BKK to HKG.

Stella said...

That is no point to yell. Just use our brain to solve problem or getting even instead of yelling, which cannot solve anything but may make things even worse.
Let us all learn to use our brain rather than our emotion/temper to handle things.
SEA, you are very good at that with many successful cases(VIE etc).....

in the sea said...

The older we are, the more we learn. Then the more we get easy, the more we see.

pixmation said...

Maybe the two people didn't want to swap the seats with you because they actually hate each other. :)

in the sea said...

I think so. Her husband (sitting behind) even persuaded her to swap seats but she just didn't.