Thursday, February 17, 2011

Boston Restaurant Wanchai HK

I had my first steak in this restaurant and it's probably at my junior high school. Didn't remember how exactly it was but for sure it was the most impressive meal to me. Later on, my high school friends despised going to this restaurant as they went to all those hotel cafe such as New World TST, Excelsior and Plaza hotel (now Park Lane in Causeway Bay). Since then, I didn't get much chance of going back to this restaurant. At my recent visit, the meal wasn't a real steak meal. It's 100% HK style steak meal. So I paid for getting my memory rather than for the meal.











9 comments:

Mickey Mouse said...

Boston? Garden?

pixmation said...

No idea, but it reminds me of a restaurant serve ice cream on flame.

Stella said...

This reminds me of the sizzling black pepper steak at local small cafe in HK like "Windsor" in the old days.

Even cafe food in HK was so good.
Even the coffee and "Little Car" red tea served at side walk street stall(Dai Pai Dong) was so good too.

I still remember the good aroma coming out from the bread fresh from oven when I passed by "Golden Door Bread Store"(Kam Moon Mean Bao) after school.

These are all before your time SEA.

in the sea said...

Mickey, bingo! It's Boston!
Pixmation, some hotel cafe still serves that ice cream in hot flame, i.e. Cafe of Eaton Hotel Jordan.
Stella, the "little car" red tea is Lipton yellow label now.

Mickey Mouse said...

it is truly HK classic

pixmation said...

My childhood favorite is also the sizzling black pepper steak on hot iron plate.

in the sea said...

Later on quite many restaurants followed and have this sizzling hot plate with anything they can think of, not just steak. Pixmation, I still remember how much you like the classic "HK tea restaurant style" orange color sauce. When you asked me how to make that sauce, you did give me a challenge. :)

Stella said...

Yes I miss this kind of HK style sizzling steak too. Although it is not a real Angus beef type of steak, I still enjoy it so much, especially with lots of steak sauce. This is more of enjoying the childhood memory than the steak itself.
BTW, I like the steak sauce too but not TC.

Anonymous said...

the best steak sauce is the meat juice reduction itself ..

/TC