Saturday, February 19, 2011

From Sham Shui Po to Tin Shui Wai in 3 hours

In order to practise more on using the 70-200mm F4L lens, I went to Sham Shui Po and checked around for an hour. The difficult part was that the seniors found it a bit offensive from cameras pointing at them. BTW, my grand ma said "cameras took away people's soul". I believe this thought is still around. Anyway, didn't take too many since quite many people hid themselves with their hand when being found as a target. All below are after LR fixing.
1. Reduce the clarity by 20% and saturation by 30% to make it softer and a bit aged.
2. Recovery by 20%.
3. Recovery by 40%, clarity reduced by 10%.
4. Reduce clarity by 20%.



4 comments:

pixmation said...

I love all of them! I guess it's obvious that I like street and candid photography.

#1 Nice that the out of focus handrail cannot be seen there in the front at first glance.
#2 You did a nice little panning.
#3 What was he doing to that plastic bottle?
#4 almost like he has eye liner on.

I sometimes point the camera to somewhere else first when I wanted to photograph someone, then slowly turn the camera to them. Or plant in front of an entrance with the camera up already and wait for people to come out of it or walk in front of me. Then it's "their" fault that they walk into my camera view. LOL.

in the sea said...

Thanks.
1. At first I was a bit leftward inside. Then I realised I should stand a bit outward to make the hand rail like it wasn't there but when you checked further on why the man and madam were talking with something in between. This is fun about photography.
2. I missed a bit actually. I should have done that a second earlier so that the man's face could be seen.
3. This guy used a knife to cut a plastic bottle into plastic strap and he tied it up on the fence for his own reason. There are indeed quite some character people in Shamshuipoo. May need to go there again.
4. This one looked at my long zoom lens and wondered what that toy is.
Well, this is an interesting approach and sounds like you have a ground. :) I was thinking if I should carry a folding chair or stair and stand on it for taking photos like I am having it as a profession. :)

pixmation said...

#3 take recycling to the next level and he doesn't look that friendly...

#2 I found panning with a moving subject is very difficult to get it right. Take a lot of practice.

in the sea said...

He wasn't friendly but later on when he found out I was taking photos at the cross road.

Yes, panning on a moving object is very difficult. The focus and metering keeps changing and the camera needs to go with the same pace.