Friday, February 11, 2011

International Curry House 國際咖哩館,Wanchai HK

I am not much into curry but this one is an exception. I kind of love it and hate it as it's quite oily, but no oil isn't aromatic enough. So I often tried not to pass around that area. Their curry is not just hot only, but a lot of various herb. The shop is still only one branch on Tai Wong East Street 大王東街. I somehow prefer shops with just only one.
1. their classic menu
2. Plain salad, HK$25. See that salt on the side. Yes, sprinkle some salt on it. That's it. No need to have any salad dressing. I like this way.
3. Curry Samosa HK$35. A bit not dried-out fried, but the filling is so nice with some beans and curry paste.
4. Curry Prawn HK$88. The prawns are very fresh and about 8 big prawns were used. What's more some fresh pineapple and tomato were put in the curry to make it a bit sweeter.
5. Hot spicy African chicken HK$88. Highly recommended. They used fresh chicken. So HK$88 is justified. The chef stir fried the onion, parsley, chilli and some herb. So fragrant!
6. Pakistan curry with beef HK$78. The beef was stewed well. The curry is so aromatic. Highly recommended.
7. It's still crowded with its fans.
8. the shop outside. I noticed a Nepal restaurant on the 2nd floor. Will try that out later.






5 comments:

Thailand Club said...

curry curry i am loving it :-)

Stella said...

Yes I love curry, especially the Japanese curry as it is not that spicy and oily compared to Malaysian curry or Indian curry.
Maybe I shall go to Curry House tomorrow night.

pixmation said...

I love curry, especially red curry.

in the sea said...

What a McDonald's slogan. :) I may go try making my curry potato salad sometime later. Should go to the curry and spice shop in Chuen Yuen Street Wanchai - that shop has some very nice spice.

Stella said...

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you.