Friday, February 11, 2011

Cafe Causette, Mandarin Oriental HK

After dinner in Central, I got carried away to MO again and simply hoped for their classic New York cheese cake I was so fond of in the early 90's. There I went in their cafe but named as Cafe Causette. The deco. is pretty modern without the original classic MO pastel white grey color, without a big vase of vivid flower and green either. I believe they are catering it for the taste of the cosmo. executives. Tried their iced mocha. Pretty good. Then ordered a lemon tart with vanilla ice cream. Quite nice too, but my most wanted cheese cake (though this one is blue berry) is another story. This one is somehow very sticky, not melty. Then I told the captain about it. Their answer is the chef is still the same for the past 10 years or so. I further described their classic cheese cake so aromatic, with some tiny chunks of fine cheese and so melty with the sour cream on top. Now it's just in my memory only...




3 comments:

Paranoid Android said...

Oh dear. HK has so many good desserts and this must be disappointing. Wanted to try Riquiqui one day, but it was full as it was an impromptu whimsical last minute thingy. My friends tell me it is fabulous.

Stella said...

Wow SEA, hopping to MO here and there, HK and BKK. Made me so envy. Lucky you.

in the sea said...

Thanks Android for the tips on Riquiqui. Will go get it. What I expressed is on the old time NY cheese cake and the old time atmosphere of the cafe of MO HK. If I would choose, I would pick an ice cream or herbal jelly from quite many shops. :)