Saturday, February 05, 2011

Red Mouth Day (3rd day of CNY) - travel alert on Vie Hotel BKK

So as to go with the tradition, I have withheld my fury from 2 most unhappy experiences with 2 hotels in BKK. Stayed at this Vie Hotel 2 years ago and out of the nice experience from the big suite room. It turned out the suite is just big only. First the hotel asked for an additional charge of THB1,177 for extra person without mentioning about what would be given for the charge (i.e. extra bed incl. ABF...etc.). When I complained about this, no direct answer is given for an extra bed. Then the most horrible thing is the air-conditioning. It stopped at 5-6am every morning in 3 mornings a row already. Every time I complained, they claimed they fixed it, but it happened again and again. This morning I gently complained "I am getting somehow in laughters because every morning the complaint has been my routine work. I wouldn't repeat it anymore. I don't wanna ruin my holiday with a routine morning complaint.". I asked again if their system has set the air-conditioning auto turned off and I even told them I experienced the same several times in some Singapore hotels such as Concorde and Park Plaza. The former one even shut down all the power in room by claiming maintaining work on system in morning time. Such some horrible experiences and now it is spreading to this Vie Hotel. Of course, the manager denied that. 2 more nights to go..., and to be continued....






3 comments:

Stella said...

Your suite looks very familiar. I think this is the same one they upgraded us in 2009 since we complaint about the strong painting smell.
In fact, this hotel is very trendy and "chiu" and I like all the decoration and set up. It is just the people and management that ruin it.

Mickey Mouse said...

under non-experience farang clubber cum sin fusion management,what couldn't be ruined!! maybe bug and bee should get VIE's sponsorship, same same!!

in the sea said...

I stayed at this suite 2 years and at that time it wasn't like what I experienced for the past few days.

Wow.. Mickey, they still played those outdated dance music when I passed by that Vie bar the other night. I wanna go in and simply remind them "this is 2011 and we are in BKK.", not 1999 in Boat Quay (a bar area along the river in Singapore. :)