Monday, November 07, 2011

Back to Mine with my best friends, at Le Normandie, Mandarin Oriental Bangkok

Finally I could bring my high school friends to this place. I was under the pressure if Le Normandie could deliver a good job. On the food, it did and surprisingly it's in quite a big portion as compared to the past. The lobster bisque (photo 8), foie gras mango mouse (photo 6) are awesome. However, there was a slight mistake. They often mixed up the ordering of the dishes to be served. Though for the first round, they claimed "they won't do it wrong", but then the mistake repeated. Anyway, this isn't a big deal but since I was responsible for the group, I gotta bring it up for the manager's attention. The manager responded quickly to the issue and so as to make up for the mistakes they offered some dessert wine. The group didn't take wine. So he came up with a raspberry sorbet. Again, while we act to be a reasonable complainer, we ought to be a considerate customer. So we enjoyed the sorbet. This place is still my favourite.

















5 comments:

Mickey Mouse said...

next time i will bring my bed to Normandie .. so will not miss the lunch

Stella said...

Yummy yummy.
So this place is still unbeatable in terms of quality of food, service, environment, and also the reasonable price.

in the sea said...

Yes, let's plan for another meal some time later... Sigh.. not sure when actually.

pixmation said...

Seeing these photos make me hungry all over again.

in the sea said...

Then plan another trip... hehe.. :)