Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Plaza Premium Lounge, arrival area, HK Int'l Airport

The last time I visited Plaza Premium Lounge (which claimed to be the biggest airport lounge), I wasn't impressed at all. So this time as I walked out of the arrival exit and noticed they opened a lounge in the arrival area (BTW, CX had their lounge in the arrival area a year ago), out of curiosity, I went in and checked what's in there. Note: if you are the holder of American Express platinum card (the main one with the person's head mark) or AE CX platinum card, you can have free entry. Otherwise, $280 per visit is charged.

1/2. Spacious area and serving some snacks and drinks.

3. More chilled drinks and also hot soup to serve. 4. After I sat down for a drink and snack, a very polite lady came to me with a menu for a variety of hot food and salad selection (free of charge). As I wasn't too hungry, I chose a chicken filet salad with balsamic vinegar. The veggie is very fresh and the balsamic vinegar is good to be put on the side.

5. The lady was so nice to suggest me to get more. Then I decided to share this with my friend - a Japanese bento. Very nice miso soup and deep fried shrimp. The sushi rolls are at average. I think I will definitely go try for more. 6. The entrance is at the basement level between terminal 1 and terminal 2 connection hall way. This is something an Airport should consider for having lounge services for passengers arriving or guests who are taking a longer transit time or people who need to wait for their family/friends due to flight delay. Besides, next time I don't need to rush back home after the flight. These are the services we need.

7 comments:

Stella said...

Good food, cozy resting place.
They make the transit at HK Int'l Airport so comfortable.
Maybe people tend to delay the transit time and linger longer because of this.
If they provide hot shower and foot massage that is even better.

in the sea said...

BTW, they have shower rooms. Good for those after a long flight and arriving early in HK. I tried the CX lounge showers and they have some very delicate shower gel and shampoo (Dermalogica). :)

Stella said...

Good for you SEA. CX knows how to pamper their valued customers.

Anonymous said...

very good service. people can go there and wait for their friend if flight delay.

in the sea said...

That's true. Those people waiting for friends can go there for a break.

Chris said...

Hi Sea, I was just wondering why you weren't impressed by their "newest" lounge at Departure Gate # 1? Because the service here, the last time I remember was excellent and the decor was tasteful. Although I agree that the Arrival Lounge's set-up is in itself a god-sent airport facility.

in the sea said...

Hi Chris, it was probably because that time I visited was just a few days after they were open. Things were not too ready yet. A few weeks ago I did visit and things have improved a lot. Then regarding this arrival lounge, they have a selection of 7-8 int'l and Asian food for guests to choose.