Thursday, July 01, 2010

Zen 彩蝶軒, Pacific Place, Admiralty, HK

Zen has been in the basement restaurant place of Pacific Place since the establishment of Pacific Place, probably over 20 years. It serves some fine Cantonese dim sum and cuisine and used to be one of my favourite restaurants. At the request of an old business expat. friend who left HK a long time ago, we went there for her nostalgic memory of her time in HK.
3. Before she arrived, I checked on something quite interesting - the 2nd top left "Winter melon, deep fried tofu braised bull frogs". Time for me to call my very few friends who dare to try this one. I like the steamed frogs on rice 田鷄飯 a lot but not too many around me who are willing to try. People often talk about the mini worms near the thighs of frogs, but I don't care about it.

As for the dim sums in Zen, they are still good as the old time I tried. Very nice shrimp dumpling and BBQ pork buns. Perfect steamed rolls. Their roasted five belly pork is excellent! Guo Fook Lau really need to send someone to here and see what the real Cantonese cuisine is like.

4 comments:

Mickey Mouse said...

wow i almost forget ZEN in Pacific Place

Stella said...

I like the frog hot pot rice a lot.
In fact, any frog related dish is my favorite(also Chris').
This dish is good to cure the "no taste sweat" at night.
No need to worry the parasite as long as the frog is fully cooked and we don't eat too often.

in the sea said...

Some people prefer to eat some unseen chemicals rather than some seen cooked living things.

Stella said...

You are so right and so wise SEA.