Thursday, July 01, 2010

The first time ever I tried pan fried beef bun 邂逅牛肉包 

Not sure if I was 7 or 8. My aunt brought me to Tai On Mansion (I even forgot what the purpose was). We passed by this market street (Shing On Street) in Sai Wan Ho. There I smelled something very aromatic. My aunt noticed it and brought me in. She ordered a soy drink plus a pan fried beef bun for me. There I fell in love with this shop. Whenever I went to the public swimming pool of Tai Koo dockyard, I would stop by for the same.

1. This evening I passed by it again. The shop may still look the same, but the old man who used to pan fry the beef buns is not there anymore. 2. It is serving more than beef buns.
3. The stairs is still there. 4. Tofu sweet HK$7.5. It's not as good as before. The people simply don't carry on the old time traditional tofu skill. No matter what those images were still deep in my mind for the first beef bun I ever tried, though I didn't feel like having it tonight.

4 comments:

Stella said...

This looks like one of those "why guo" places that Susie Wong brought us to(thru her Jade Channel "Ah So" program).

Anonymous said...

I remember one in causeway bay tram station, now time square. that one like this one, very old look.

in the sea said...

"why guo"?

Anonymous, I heard about that shop near the old trams station. Sounded like it's good one.

Stella said...

Yes this place makes me thinking about the good old days.