Saturday, December 25, 2010

360 degree, Bar and Grill, Pavilions Phuket

360 degree is on the top of this resort, where you can view from Nai Thorn beach area to the east of Phuket. Actually it should be 270 degree geographically. The 90 degree should be the kitchen section. Anyway, the place serves some very nice drinks and grill that I tried it twice already.
1-4: the place is quite relaxing.
5-6: We had 2 drinks and which is quite unusual for me. Non-alcohol drink is about THB150 to 200 and THB270-350 for alcohol. I got the ginger pineapple brunch and the next one is peach passion fruit mix. Mango juice is nice too.
7. Some tapas to start with. Calamari, THB160. Blue crab spring roll, THB160. Both are very nice. Good deep frying and very light too. The squid is very fresh and so the same for the spring roll. What's more, they put some light curry in the spring roll's filling. No need to dip the sauce. So good.
8. Bread basket. Pretty good too.
9. Grilled pork chop, THB400. It's a very thick cut with a big bone. I like pork chop with big bone as the fat brings more aromatic to the meat and yet it wouldn't be hard to chew. It's a very nice cut and the grilling is controlled well. Not too burnt and not too dry.
10. Grilled mixed seafood, THB880. One Phuket lobster, Two Tiger prawn (actually it's very big), squids, a big fish filet. I think the portion is good for 2 persons. We couldn't finish it all.
11. Wedged potatoes to go with the seafood mix grill. Pretty nice but too bad couldn't finish it all.
12. OK, this is on another meal. Fish Broquets (not sure about the exact spelling), THB160. Very nice balance of the fish meat and mashed potato. Quite a big portion.
13. Mini burgers, THB160. It's not mini actually. It's 1/3rd to a half portion of a standard burger. It's also very nice.
14. Fish tacos, THB160. I would think this is a burrito rather than a taco. Anyway, it's very good. The avacado onion dressing is very nice it in. Then we encored the pork chop.
15 Ceasar salad (a complimentary side dish). It's a bit heavy in sauce though not bad.
16. Green salad. So full that I couldn't try it.
















2 comments:

Mickey Mouse said...

okay ur investment (on lens) get obvious paid back

very nice pics ..

in the sea said...

Thanks Mickey Mouse. I made a mistake that I wouldn't forgive myself. Dust in the camera body. However, I got to learn more on how a DSLR works and where is the sensor and why DSLR is better in optical reflex. No pain no gain. I'll treat my next camera better, since I hurt my 550D so much these few days.... :) Will soon have a dream that I got chopped by the shutter gate.