Saturday, December 25, 2010

Ocean View Pool Villa, Pavillions Phuket

Just like most other times, on the next morning I would go to the reception and ask for taking a look at other room types. When I got in this ocean view pool villa, I then asked "do you think you have this room available for tonight and tomorrow night and how much extra I should pay?". So there I changed to this room. It's ok for Christmas to give myself a little more and it's just THB2,400 net for the extra. It's a very good price since it should be over THB5-6,000 for the difference. There goes a very nice pool with a panoramic view to the Andaman Sea. To the west, around the tips is the renowned luxury resort Amanpuri. Back behind it is the Chedi. Back behind the hill slope is Surin Beach. Then a bit more front is Bang Tao Beach. On the front which is close part to this resort is Layan beach. Then a bit to the right is Siri Panwa (another high end resort on the hill side). Sorry I didn't have much time to adjust my photos. Some were taken on my Panasonic FT1 (those 4:3). To be continued....










6 comments:

Thailand Club said...

telescope ocean view villa .. hahaha

it is beautiful, both the resort and the view!

in the sea said...

Remember when we watch the back view mirror in the car 倒後鏡 (forget the exact English term), it says objects in mirror are closer than you see. :)

pixmation said...

Why did you change room? This one looks nicer and has a larger swimming pool. Bill wants to know if the water is warm.

The pictures are so nice.

in the sea said...

Mmh... The room of Plantation pool villa is a lot better than this one, as it's newer and air-conditioning is better. They use Daikin. This one is very conventional, but since spending a whole day for swimming, the swimming pool and view are more important. So my main point is on a larger pool with a better view, though the plantation pool villa is still good.

I think except the Northern part of Thailand (Chiang Mai), many hotel/resorts' pools are pretty warm. This one is certainly warm due to the hot sun heating it up and it's about 28-29 degree. Pls tell Bill to try MO BKK and he would love the swimming pool and even doesn't wanna go out.

I reduce the exposure by -1 on the Panasonic FT1 and it came out pretty nice.

pixmation said...

Careful not to drop the camera in #10. :)
Did you just stay in the water and wait for the wave to calm down to take the photo?

in the sea said...

Actually I almost lost one of the floating beds. So when not in use, it has to be parked with one end up on the pool edge. On #10, you got it quite right - I also almost dropped it but good that I held the string tied on my wrist inside. It's because of the suntan oil. My 550D is now with a white coating on the grip area - from the suntan lotion.