Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thai Chili, Telford Plaza, Kowloon Bay, HK

Hesitated to get in this restaurant but no other choice as Crystal Jade and other wanted restaurants are so full. It turned out it's pretty good and surprised it's quite local Thai flavour, especially on the Masaman curry (photo no. 5). It's very Southern Thai style with some whole peanuts in it. The Hainanese chicken is also nice and at least it's a fresh one. No. 7 is also a nice one - I ordered it right away when I noticed it's available on the menu. Though it can't be compared to the one I tried in Thung Kruen (BKK), it's still in a very Thai flavour, with the tiny chili and diced lime. After I ordered the food, I noticed most of the staff are Thais and they speak Thai among themselves, and they have a tender Thai smile. So warm! BTW, they also use some Thai sauces, like the oyster sauce on the veggie. Now I have one more choice for Thai restaurant.









3 comments:

Mickey Mouse said...

surprised u ordered gaeng masaman as usually u watch ur waist so closely :-)

Stella said...

SEA can afford to eat wild and oily since he is slim.
The dishes here look very authentic, especially the Kar Lan and the curry. Also good to know there are real Thai there serving. It is like moving BKK to HK.

in the sea said...

I ordered it but didn't take much. I just had a very light sampling of it. Not just on the weight, but also it will get you fat/sugar/sodium in your body. :)