Sunday, December 19, 2010

Shanghai Lulu Restaurant 上海露露酒家, South Pacific Hotel, Wanchai, HK

Subconsciously came to this restaurant and the last time it was 8 years ago my friend, his mother and I came here. How much you both like Shanghai food and how much you like this restaurant. I gotta tell you they are still good as those years ago.
1. Slight fried sticky rice cake HK$28 - the rice is seasoned, crispy outside and chewy inside.
2. Steamed dumpling, HK$38 - very nice pork filling. They serve some refined vinegar to go with it.
3/4. Fin skirt chicken soup HK$88 - highly recommended though a bit thick and condensed to me, but it's very local Shanghai style of chicken soup with pork knuckle and big piece of golden ham in it.
5. Tan Tan noodle, HK$30 - another recommended dish. The soup is in a perfect mix of sesame paste and crushed peanut and the hot spicy is just right at the point.
6. diced 4 season beans stir fried with dried olive, HK$68. A bit overcooked as the bean is too soft, and it's quite salty, but very Shanghai style flavour.
7. Pork in preserved tofu sauce HK$60. Actually I haven't tried it as I was so full. Brought it back hom and will try it with at least 2 bowls of steamed rice.
8. Dumpling in osmanthus wine rice HK$33. Pretty good.






8 comments:

Daphne said...

哈哈,我生日那天就是去了這裡吃飯。

in the sea said...

What a coincidence! I went there on 17th last Friday. I bought some Ka Lan and dice it and stir fried with the no. 6 dish. Then I used some Shanghai vinegar to shimmer the no. 7. So full now... :)

Daphne said...

你是否在鷺鷺買的,他們的東西都很好吃,但價錢也不便宜,一分錢一分貨。這是我第二次去,第一次是朋友生日叫去食,兩年前了,估唔到平日都好爆。

pixmation said...

no 6 looks so yummy.

in the sea said...

Yes, one penny one product. I packed the no. 6 and 7. Yesterday I saw some giant Ka Lan (like a tree). I bought one (just one is already 1.3 lb). I diced it and stir fried it with no. 7. Re no. 8, I cut it in 6 pieces and shimmer it a bit with Shanghai vinegar. This way the vinegar will melt in the pork's fat and create a very aromtic "collagen" texture of the pork.

Pixmation, this one should be on our eating agenda on your next trip back to HK. :)

Stella said...

Happy Birthday to you Daphne.
All dishes here look very yummy.
I missed the last one as hard to get a good one in LA.

Daphne said...

Thanks Stella. If you come to HK, we should go and try this one as it's really Shanghainese and yummy.

Stella said...

Yes Daphne,
Look forward to meeting you some day some where.
Merry X'Mas and happy New Year to you and your family.
Best wishes in Year of the Rabbit.